Integrated Research Campaign
Peer 1 wanted a creative way to engage with press, particularly business press, increase its social media visibility and promote its thought leadership on data sovereignty and data security in the cloud.
- Piggy-backed off of current news – specifically the NSA scandal – as a vendor neutral hook for a piece of industry research examining how it affected IT decision makers in Canada and the UK that hosted data in the U.S.
- Used the survey to support Peer 1’s business approach to offering regional, country-specific data centers and promote its executives as thought leaders on data sovereignty
- Developed the campaign with both short-term and long-term goals in mind to maximize ROI of research
- Leveraged across PR, content, lead gen and social efforts
- 10 briefings across U.S. and Canadian outlets, including with WSJ, PandoDaily and USA Today
- 18 additional outlets interested in the findings under embargo, including the AP, NPR, Washington Times and Canadian Business
- 43 articles across the U.S. and Canada in business and tech press, and financial analyst newsletters
- 300 social shares of unique coverage after the first three days; 3,000 after first six
- 200 new Twitter followers in 2 days
- An inquiry to our PR agency alias from a client of Peer 1’s largest competitor
- 2,606 views, 57 link clicks and 19,100 headline impressions of the release on BusinessWire in the first week – more than doubled the average BusinessWire release views (1200) and headlines impressions (10,000).
- More than 350 net new visitors to Peer 1’s website as a result of our unique coverage within a month of the launch
- Inbound interview requests from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Seattle Times and Washington Post
- Bylined articles secured in top tier technology and local press including, GigaOm, InformationWeek and The Toronto Star
- Additional briefings secured with key tech trade, including WHIR and DCK
- Invitation to speak on a panel at SXSW 2015 on a panel about government surveillance and necessary reform with Congresswoman Lofgren
- Recognition in 5 business and industry awards as a winner or finalist for campaign excellence
“March’s approach to campaigns is always thoughtful and creative. I particularly like the fact that they always make recommendations for how the campaign can support all functions of marcomms – from PR and social to broader content and lead gen, as well as how to go beyond the immediate results to extend the campaign and maximize its ROI. That makes them that much more valuable to me as a resource beyond PR.”
Alisha De boer, Sr. Manager –Communications,
Peer 1 Hosting