In the Pod: Announcing Podcasting-as-a-Service for tech brands that want to be heard

, Aug 11, 2020

CATEGORIES: Content Marketing
TAGS: , ,

Only 21% of B2B marketers say they’ve tried podcasting. We think that the other 79% is missing out.

Not only does March host our own show, but now we’ve kicked off a new podcasting-as-a-service program to help B2B and consumer tech brands find their voice. It’s called In the Pod, and it’s an easy and flexible way for your brand to launch a business podcast.

Podcasting is growing by the day. In the U.S. alone, more than 100 million Americans age 12+ say they listen to podcasts every month. But the medium reaches much more than a general audience – 40 million Americans call themselves “avid listeners” of business and tech podcasts.

While podcasts listeners are diverse in age and background, the medium is most popular among listeners between ages 25 and 34. This also happens to be a growing demo for tech buyers: around 73%  of Millennials are now involved in tech purchasing.

In other words, if you’re looking to reach the people who influence and make tech-buying decisions, you should really be taking a hard look at podcasting.

But, that’s not the only reason. Podcasting is also a great medium if you want to:

  • Build a personal brand for an executive
  • Reach a highly engaged audience
  • Create brand affinity
  • Share your expertise and ideas

The key is to stand out. There are more than a half-million active podcasts out there, so you need a unique story, premise or format to find your audience. That’s where we come in.

In the Pod programs can be tailored to meet your specific business goals and fit your marketing mix. We can launch anything from a short-run miniseries that supports a timely campaign to a weekly recurring series that serves as the ideal engine for the rest of your content, comms, and social media activities.

We can train brands that want to produce their own shows, or who want to turn all the heavy lifting over to an expert. (You know. The star treatment.)

And this isn’t a new thing for us. Besides producing Hacks and Flacks, our in-house content team has created award-winning editorial platforms for global B2B and consumer tech brands. We launched The Emerging World of Work podcast as a platform for Emergn’s thought leadership. We also helped Comptel create a successful content platform that started as a book, then grew into two more books, a live event, a website and, eventually, an acquisition by Nokia.

So we know how to launch content programs that drive real business outcomes (leads, revenue, market leadership, even acquisition). And we’re ready to do it for your podcast.

You can find out more about In the Pod here. Reach out to March if you’re ready to get started!

Read More

Innovative Health Tech Born from a Year at Home

Innovative Health Tech Born from a Year at Home

At March, we’re always on the hunt for breakout health tech innovations. The tail end of 2020 brought new devices born out of an extremely challenging year. Through those challenges, the industry rose to the occasion, delivering innovative devices that help to address...

Newbies’ First Impressions of Gender in Tech and PR

Newbies’ First Impressions of Gender in Tech and PR

As March’s two new interns, Debola and Lorelei, we feel both grateful and determined to earn time with such a collaborative and creative team. With so much recent change in the air – post pandemic recovery, the fight for racial justice and gender equity – we’ve never...