Two years after helping to launch Hacks and Flacks with our first interview, media watcher Sam Whitmore of mediasurvey.com is back again to talk about the big topics in media and marketing.
Major media brands are making big bets on video content, but Sam explains why he thinks vertical publications in tech and other industries likely won’t be able to follow suit with similar initiatives. We also discuss:
- the future of Facebook Live
- the art form of content distribution versus the over-focus on content production
- the new ways publications view and seek contributed content from brands
- the increase in tech reporters being asked to report on politics, government structures, and policy
and the effect on all of the above on tech PR professionals and content marketers.
- Subscribe to Sam Whitmore’s Media Survey: mediasurvey.com
- Follow Sam on Twitter: @samwhitmore
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Twitter: @hacksflacks
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Instagram:@hacksflacks
- Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Hacks and Flacks Podcast
- Follow March Communications on Twitter:@MarchComms
- Visit the M+PR Nonsense blog: MarchComms.com/blog